Nick and I are excited about our move! So here are some updates to you from us.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Overdo Update

The pictures added in the middle for some reason. Sorry if it feels disjointed, but I can't edit well from the phone. Pics are Echo and Nick at the ocean, Echo in the dryer, Echo and a bigger Shepherd at the dog beach, and Echo pooped after the dog beach. It's been a bit since the last update, but honestly it's getting routine. There are several things worth an update by now though. My job is picking up exponentially. I'm not done with my training, but I've got my own tasks finally. I took over Closeout for a swamped Project Manager. That means I inherited a dozen projects I know nothing about and have to try to tie up all the loose ends so they are no longer active on the books. It's good to be busy, but it's alot of guessing on my end as far as procedure goes. Late this week I start my very own project as the PM. The project involves adding key watcher boxes to several buildings. These are boxes that hold a masterkey to the building for security and firemen. It's a small project in both duration and budget, so I can be mostly in charge and learn procedure well before graduating to larger projects. I will take this project from scope definition to closeout and all within the year most likely.

Nick is still job hunting. He's applied to dozens of places, but not heard back from most. They have lots of resumes to review, I suppose. Places like Google get 1 million apps a year! He's working on a job with a company he has both business and family connections with, so hopefully that comes through quickly.

The car. Ohhh the car. It's been fixed and re-broke so many times we lost count. Currently we're driving to the dealer to get a new car. Update to come later this week if that goea as easily as they promised. Allegedly, they can cancel our contract with the bank and mirror it to the next car. They said they will absorb any fees that might entail, our payment per month will be the same, and the value of our original down payment and first monthly payment will be applied towards the new car. We hope to hold them to that. The new car is the same year, make and model as the old one with similar mileage. The new one has a few minor upgrades like sun roof, fog lights and remote start. It's black instead of gunmetal gray. I wish we could have had the old one fixed because all the parts under the hood are brand new by now. They cant guarantee when it will be fixed though. Stay tuned for that. PS- Traffic in the bay is awful right now so I got an extra 15 min for my blog post.

Tomorrow is Nick's birthday so we are going to find some good sushi. Neither of us could come up with a reasonavle priced bday gift for me to get him so he got a new video game and sushi dinner. For Valentine's Day we are going to make dinner and possibly venture to Ghiradelli for an ice cream sundae on the weekend.




Echo is still using her powers for evil instead of good. She's cute but I get strange looks at work for all the scratches on my face, neck and hands. There is mixed opinions on when you can take a puppy outside. The vet told us not to even let her on grass until 2nd or 3rd round of shots, which is another month away. There is a lot of studies saying that after the first round of shots, though, it's acceptable to take them out. It's also.critical for socializing a puppy. So we made the executive and scary decision to risk it. She's been out in the grass to potty since we got her anyway. Saturday we took Echo to Fort Funston, the magical dog park beach. She was absolutely perfect with other dogs. Not too brave, not too shy. She also has amazing endurance. We went 3 times as far as I thought she would be able to. Sunday we took her to the dog park by our apartment and she did well there too. Big dogs don't scare her, nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment