So we wanted to run either in the Presidio or across the GGB. Internet research made the bridge run seem tough. For an actual run, its tricky to dodge the sight see-ers and the bicyclists. So we opted for a Presidio run, and I picked a trail I found on the Presidio's web-site. It was called the California Coastal Run, said to be 2.7 miles (or something like that) one-way. On the North end is the GGB. It was a gorgeous day at about 60 degrees and sunny. We aren't normally trail runners so the terrain took some getting used to, but I loved the challenge. The 5 miles (there and back) would have been the hardest run I'd ever done, if we ran the whole thing. It was really "hilly", mountainy actually. It was hard to run the amount we did. We ran 3/4 of it, with a few stops to catch our breath and promptly lose it again from the sights. That sounds a bit dramatic, but I have pictures that can speak for themselves.
![]() | |||
| Nick had to leave the trail to see how steep the drop looked... |
![]() |
| ....so I went to see, too. That's where this pic came from. |
![]() |
| Almost there |
![]() |
| WE MADE IT!! |
![]() |
| One last look from the run back |
Thus far, my favorite run ever. It was challenging and gorgeous and the weather could not have been more perfect in any way. There was a portion with a lot of stairs, both up and down. Nick hated that part, but I really enjoyed it. There are so many other trails in the Presidio that I can't wait to try. We also have to go back to just see the museums.
For dinner we ate at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We'd heard great things. Turns out, it was even better than we heard! We both agree that it was our favorite fast food burger, and it even made the top 5 list for burgers from anywhere. Pretty amazing for a fast food joint.
It was a great day here. Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend













Beautiful pictures! (As always!) I can only imagine what it's like any time you go somewhere. A lot of "we actually live here?!" I bet. Or at least, that'd be me :)
ReplyDeleteWe do say that a lot. There are just so many differences between the places.
ReplyDelete