Nick and I are excited about our move! So here are some updates to you from us.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The City and Our Doggies


Today we went into the city. We started at Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, which was full of crab vendors. There were historic ships on Pier 45 to look at, and a great view of Alcatraz. We found the seals and loved watching them bark and fight. Then we had some great lunch centered around sourdough bread (someone told us sourdough bread originated here but I haven't fact checked that...). Then we drove around the city just looking. I tried to get pictures of things from inside the car, so they aren't high quality pictures, but hopefully you get the point. Nevermind the dashboard, rear-view mirror or whatever other car parts interrupt the scenery. I tried to show the steep hills but none of the pictures seem to capture just how steep they are. We drove down Lombard Street's hairpin turns, and there were people standing in the middle of the surrounding streets to get pictures. We drove to find Chinatown and found Little Italy by accident. Both were very cool. Chinatown is huge and packed with people in all directions. They park on both sides of the narrow streets in that area, which was tricky.

After the city, we came home to the doggies and went on a walk. They behaved really well. They have such entertaining personalities.




Alcatraz
Street Car and steep hill
"S-curves" on Lombard St

George (left) and Lucy (right)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment