Nick and I are excited about our move! So here are some updates to you from us.

Monday, January 28, 2013

If I knew then what I know now...

Who doesn't think, "If I knew then..."? Luckily ours are really simple. If we knew before we moved here how small a 650 square foot apartment was, we would have brought less stuff. I probably shouldn't have brought all of my tools, for one. I have a giant tool bag (thanks to my dad) full of tools plus a Sawzall and not a project to use them on. Also, we didn't have a place to put them. Now they're squished under the bed. We had to get rid of all the tubs we moved stuff in because we don't have storage for empty tubs. Very sad. I think in the Midwest we are used to having more space, so we have more things. Most Californians do not have a set of pans that would cook for a large party. They have only pans that make food for one or 2, at least whilst they live in apartments.
Also, when I was collecting all sorts of things over the past couple years for moving out, I didn't get a sewing kit. Even if I would have thought of it, I probably wouldn't have gotten it. I would have said, "I've sewed maybe 2 things in the last several years? I won't need one." So naturally, we've been here less than a month and have 2 things that need sewed. Echo's bed and a pant zipper. And the last thing, hopefully we wouldn't have forgotten Nick's camping stuff. We have nowhere to put a tent or sleeping bags, but we wish we had them. It's a cheap "vacation" for weekends to go camping, but we don't have the gear. However, the weather is great and we have a place to live. Net value: I'd say we're still ahead :)

Nick tried to get Echo's playfulness on camera. He got a cute 40 seconds or so, but it's not her hyper-est. Nick's trying to rough her up a bit. Never mind the T.V. noise in the background. Hopefully this link works because the video wouldn't upload directly to the blog. Here's today's moment of zen. Enjoy! Click here

1 comment:

  1. She looks like a stuffed animal at first! Adorable!

    A sewing kit is one of my essential items. But if course, I'm the person everyone asks to mend their things and I've sewn more than one of my Halloween costumes :) I wouldn't survive without my sewing kit!

    ReplyDelete