Nick and I are excited about our move! So here are some updates to you from us.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Apartment Keys and the Real World

Tomorrow, the real world starts. I'm really excited to finally start, but I could easily spend another week just seeing California :)

Today, Nick and I got our apartment keys!! Unfortunately the POD doesn't show up until tomorrow, so we just got keys and filled out the move-in conditions form. Then we spent 3 or 4 hours going to all the thrift shops and furniture stores in the area. We were looking at entertainment centers and coffee tables. I was hoping to find a great deal at the thrift shops because they are so popular here. The Goodwill was organized more like a department store than any Goodwill I'd seen previously. We found a few things we liked but of course nothing that matched the other piece we were looking for. We fell in love with a coffee table, but we'd somehow overlooked the big red SOLD sign on it. The stores ranged from cheap thrift shops to expensive antique stores, and a few new furniture stores. I tried to find the nearest Walmart with the GPS to compare their furniture choices with the thrift shop stuff we were finding. (There is not a Walmart in every town, much less on every block.) Unfortunately, the GPS took us 20 minutes away to a Walmart Corporate building, not a store... We wound up with a new matching set from Ana Furniture. Nick lost ANOTHER bet because he swore it wouldn't need to be assembled. This is the 3rd bet he's lost regarding moving and such. He's getting better at losing, but not at believing me. I keep raising the stakes of our bets. The first was a back rub. The second was just that I was right. This one was $100, but he said we didn't shake on it so it doesn't count :)

We found a great Mexican cafe just down the street from our new apartment. Nick is very excited. I mentioned earlier how crazy Californians are about their healthy, organic foods. This sign was on every table:

No comments:

Post a Comment