Nick and I are excited about our move! So here are some updates to you from us.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Address

First things first, our lease starts tomorrow, so we have an address to give you finally!

1060 Carolan Avenue #210
Burlingame, CA 94010

The POD with all of our stuff won't show up until Monday, so we won't sleep there until Monday night. Maybe Nick will start unpacking while I'm at work ;)

Speaking of work, the real world is coming up quick. Monday is day one. They are still unsure exactly where I will be, it seems. They keep saying "probably" South San Francisco, but they'll know better by Monday. Monday, I report to the office in Oakland for all the paper work. While I'm at work, Nick is going to receive the POD, start unpacking some of the stuff, and possibly going to get our car back from the dealer. The sales guy hopes our car will be done tomorrow because he's tired of paying for our rental, but the shop guy said it won't be done until mid-week. We'll see how that goes.

Currently, we're watching the 49ers vs Packers game. It's a stressful game to watch. A lot of really awesome moments followed closely by awful moments. At least it's interesting. Both dogs have been cuddling us on the couch. Lucy has been trying to lay on both Nick and my lab simultaneously. If you don't pet her you get licked in the face or clawed at.

Earlier today we went to Petco to get a few puppy things because the wait is killing me. We got a red collar and leash, a couple toys, and the food/water bowls. We'll accumulate the rest slowly over the next couple weeks.

Yesterday we went to Ghirardelli Square. This is a heaven where they serve giant ice cream sundaes topped with Ghirardelli chocolate. It was glorious. Then we went to Little Italy for dinner, which was also lovely. The food was amazing. We were early for our reservation so we walked around Chinatown, which is right next to Little Italy. I was not a fan. It smells awful, and everyone walks slow. Every other shop is a produce store with some sort of bad smelling dried fish on the sidewalk. It's also dirty. It was cool to see, but I don't need to go back I don't think.


That was our last couple days. We are going to try to navigate San Francisco airport pick up tonight for the first time to welcome home Patty, the homeowner who let us stay in her house. I'm sure her puppies will be very excited to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment